Coming soon – We’re currently booking meeting space and speakers for our 2013/14 programme – check back here for more updates over the summer!
Membership and Meeting Fees
Membership in TAEG is $20 per family, which enables up to two adults to attend all four meetings from September to June. Alternatively, individual entry per meeting is $5 per person. We thank you for your support. Your membership dues and meeting fees help to cover the costs of the meeting space and the TAEG website. We’ll have a membership desk at each meeting to welcome you.
NEW LOCATION: Our meetings will be held at Northlea United Church at 125 Brentcliffe Rd. near Bayview and Eglinton. Enter through the glass doors up the path way on the east front side of the church. When inside, go up the stairs, through the second set of doors; to the Fellowship room straight down the hall. We’ll have a membership desk to welcome you. Street parking is available, and nearest TTC stop is Eglinton and Laird.
Looking for something closer to home? Join TAEG-TO-GO
We recognize that TAEG families come from all over the GTA, and we know Bayview and Eglinton may not be close by. So this year, we’re creating informal coffee groups for members, TAEG-TO-GO. Become a TAEG member and come to our meeting to meet others and sign up for a TAEG-TO-GO coffee group in your area. We’ll have sign up sheets for these informal coffee groups in the North, East, West and Central GTA, where you can meet and discuss allergy management between TAEG meetings, and get to know allergic families near you.
Questions or comments? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2012 / 2013 TAEG Meeting Dates and Topics
Safe and Inclusive – A School Panel – Tuesday, October 9th, 2012, 7-9pm (membership desk opens at 6:30pm)
Ask the Allergist – An information session about food allergies and anaphylaxis- Tues Nov 20th, 2012, 7-9pm (membership desk opens at 6:30pm)
- Living with food allergies can be challenging, but with the right information and resources, it can be effectively managed. Join a local allergist and community representatives for an informal exchange of information and discussion of what’s on your mind.
- This session was hosted by Anaphylaxis Canada and open to members and non-members of TAEG. No meeting notes available.
Parent Consultant – the social side of allergies – Tues, Jan 29, 2013 7-9pm (membership desk opens at 6:30pm)
Building Connections and Sharing Experiences – Tues, Mar 5th, 2013 7-9pm (membership desk opens at 6:30pm)
No thank you, I’m allergic – A Healthy Diet with Allergies – Tues, May 7, 2013 7-9pm (membership desk opens at 6:30pm)
- What do you cook when you can’t include eggs, dairy, nuts, sesame or other allergens? Come to this session to hear from author and dietician, Alexandra Anca, about creating a balanced diet that doesn’t taste like it’s missing anything. For those new to allergic cooking and those looking for some new inspiration, this session is the hottest foodie ticket in town with allergies!
- Check out Alexandra’s books, including her most recent The Total Food Allergy Health and Diet Guide at http://www.alexandraanca.com/articles.php
- Click to access the meeting notes